Bathroom shelves: which ones to choose?
Wooden shelves – classic, warm, and natural. They fit into eco and Scandinavian-style apartments.
Glass shelves – clear or milky glass. They give the impression of lightness.
Plastic shelves are inexpensive, durable, and easy to clean. They often have original design forms.
Metal shelves – openwork shelves for a shower cabin through which water flows freely. There can also be a smooth glass shelf on the metal frame under the mirror.
Tile Shelves – You can plan them for the final stage of the bathroom. They are in perfect harmony with the wall, so they do not optically reduce the interior. Colored mosaics or terracotta tiles are especially suitable for finishing cavities.
How to choose the shape of the bathroom shelf?
First, you should think about what functions the bath shelf should perform because its shape depends on it:
- The shelf for bathroom accessories is most often in the form of a basket with numerous compartments, so you can conveniently place all cosmetics, sponges, and washcloths on it.
- A bathroom shelf with space for a book or crockery is a real delight while bathing. It is worth paying attention to the model with a folding stand. Thanks to this solution, you can enjoy your favorite reading without risking dropping the book into the water while swimming. There should also be room on the shelf for a cup of tea, coffee, chocolate, or a glass of wine. Swimming in such an environment allows you to fully enjoy the comfort. The bathroom shelf is usually made of wood, which adds to the coziness.
Any form of bathroom shelf must have adequate safety thresholds to keep objects out of the water. To precisely fit the shelf under the bathtub, it is worth choosing a model with adjustable width.
What material to choose a bathroom shelf from?
The spacious bathroom shelf with numerous compartments is a good substitute for small furniture for storing cosmetics. It also works great for bathing children and babies. The shelves are made of moisture-resistant materials:
- The metal shelf is lightweight and takes up a minimum of space. The more expensive shelves are made from solid stainless steel and are cheaper than chrome or aluminum. The metal must be properly protected against corrosion.
- Plastic shelf – choosing a plastic model, you can forget about the dangers of moisture. However, it is worth paying attention to the high quality of the material and its scratch resistance. When this condition is met, the shelf has been successfully used for years.
- Wooden Bathroom Shelf – Bamboo wood works best, which does not absorb water and is naturally moisture resistant. The great advantage of a wooden shelf is a very pleasant, warm color.
Bathroom shelf and room style
Bathroom shelves are not only a practical element of sanitary ware but also an important element of interior decoration. How to choose the best bathroom shelves and give your room a unique look. In the arrangement of a room, every detail matters and must create a holistic composition with other decorative elements. Here are some suggestions.
Nautical style bathroom shelf
Marine motifs, traditional white and dark blue stripes on the walls bring a real holiday atmosphere to the bathroom. A shelf in a nautical style can not only be blue. It is worth reviving the arrangement of accessories in red, green, or yellow. Hanging shelves for bathrooms with unusual shapes, such as a lifebuoy or a hatch, are very popular. Unusual decoration can also be created by gluing shelves to the outer edge of the sink.
A spa-style bathroom shelf – a room design associated with a beauty salon is a great way to unwind. Furniture and accessories made of high-quality wood should become its integral element. A unique atmosphere will give the room a feature of exotic woods, such as bamboo or teak. Regardless of their decorative properties, they will also be resistant to moisture and deformation.
A metal or plastic shelf would be a good choice. The plastic model works great, but the color should match other accessories, such as rugs, soap dispensers, or toilet paper holders.
This style is best accomplished by placing a wood shelf, as the natural material will adorn the natural interior.
The glass bath shelf will blend in with the elegant decor. A model made of lacquered wood can also become an interesting accent.